Spring brings a freshness to everything - from the foods we eat to our surroundings. This issue provides inspiration for springtime entertaining, eating, and drinking.
In this issue, find more than 150 featured products and 40 new recipes. Get to know Keenan Hood, mixologist at the Keefer Bar, and try his unique recipes for cocktails inspired by the pre-prohibition era. Read an interview with celebrity chef, dubbed the Piacasso of the Pacific Northwest, Hidekazu Tojo of Tojo's. Get ready to salute spring; there are many ways this issue will inspire you to get entertaining spring-style. As usual, all recipes include pairings with wine or other beverage alcohol.
- Five Rules of Pairing: Carolyn Evans-Hammond explains the basics of perfect pairings.
- Tequila Revolucion: Joanne Sasvari uncovers the spirit that inspired awe, fascination and a remarkable amount of myth.
- Tequila Cocktails: Keenan Hood at the hip Keefer Bar shares recipes for spectacular tequila-inspired cocktails.
- Spring Salads: light and fresh options
- Ocean Wise: sustainable seafood.
- Signature Selections: Bill Michael, Director of Purchasing shares his Spring picks that include wines and whisky.
- Light as Air: delicious sponge cakes perfect for spring entertaining.
- Oak Barrels: James Cluer, Master of Wine, reveals the mystery.
- Cooking with Tequila: Mexican-style recipes with tequila as an ingredient to spice up your dinner party.
- Flower Power: Lauren Mote, owner of Kale & Nori Culinary Arts Inc. and veteran bartender, takes a look at the wonderful spirits like gin, and liqueurs that are made with flowering botanicals.