Product returns are processed at the customer service counter at BC Liquor Stores. If you are a licensee, please speak to your liquor store manager as the procedure for your returns are slightly different.
Frequently asked questions
What is BC Liquor Stores' policy on returning products?
You can return any product purchased at BC Liquor Stores to any BC Liquor Store for a full refund, provided:
- the product is unopened;
- in saleable condition and;
- an official BC Liquor Stores receipt for the product(s) is presented.
What is "saleable condition"?
This means that:
- All caps, seals and labels are intact.
- Labels bear no marks other than those made by the manufacturer or BC Liquor Stores.
- Beer is not stale-dated, unless receipt shows that it was recently purchased.
- It must be a product sold through BC Liquor Stores. That means, duty-free items or products from other provinces cannot be returned to BC Liquor Stores.
- Products have a six-digit stock-keeping-unit (SKU) number or LDB identifier and Universal Product Code (UPC).
How many products can I return at any given time?
There is no limit to the number or value of products that may be returned at any given time. However, at the manager's discretion, your refund may be issued in the form of a cheque from BC Liquor Stores' Head Office. Product returns sub-totaling $400.00 or more not paid using a credit card may be processed through Head Office.